It has been always in the back of my head to develop some games. A while back I developed an android game called Drink or Dare with some friends, but that’s about it.
Today, I want to share a list of resources I have been bookmarking to help me develop games.
- The above game tutorial was created by Ania Kubow. If you liked those, she has more in her youtube series or in her Github.
- Check out this video with an intro to game development using JS and Canvas. The game you will create is the famous brick-breaker!
- Looking for more JS engines I found this article: 9 Top JS Gaming Engines and Libraries for 2020. Another engine I found browsing around is Crafty.js.
- From one of those 9 engines, here is an article explaining how to use MelonJS to develop a game.
- Want to try create some games using React? Check Building an HTML5 game with React and socket.io
- If you are looking for a low coding option to create 2D games, then checkout Stencyl.
- Going more pro, check Unity Create with Code Live free course. This one is in C#, but Unity is a really powerful game engine and the course has an intro to C#. Ready to learn a new programming language?
- GODOT engine is another open source option to develop games (both 2D and 3D). It looks like a more comprehensive platform, but it will probably have a longer learning curve.
Can’t wait to see what you create. Tag me in twitter: @juan_allo.