Last week I published tons of resources on the technical interview process. Today I want to focus a little bit more on frontend. Here is a curated list of HTML, CSS, JS and system design questions.
- In The Front-end Developer Interview Questions repository you will find from general question to more specific ones like accessibility, testing, perf, network and coding questions. This collection is oriented towards interviewers, but reading through some of the question will help you get a feeling of what you could be asked.
- Now that you are familiar with some of the questions, take a look to the Front-end Interview Handbook Github repository. This is not a handbook that has tons of questions, but it has a good subset of general knowledge questions around HTML, CSS and JS.
Usually most of the interviewers focus on JS over HTML/CSS, so here is a comprehensive list of questions/answers:
- Here is a list of 123 JS interview questions. You can spend quite some time there, every time I visit I learn something new.
- There are 3 other sites I used that helped me. You will notice that some questions are the same, but it is fine, the more you are exposed the better.
- Finally this Github repository has tons of links to explore more.
Ready to check your knowledge on HTMLc CSS and System Design? Here are some resources to help you:
- CSS and HTML interview questions. It has questions and answers for most of the fundamentals.
- Top CSS Interview Questions and Answers
- Another article that really helped me in the past is System Design Interview Questions – Concepts You Should Know. It is pretty well organized on topics like Network, caching, proxies, Load Balancing, Sockets, Pub/Sub, etc. Super important to have at least a general grasp of these concepts as a FE engineer.
A big part of interviews is also coding challenges, in my previous post about technical interviews , I mentioned some tools that will let you practice these fundamentals.
You can follow me in Twitter at @juan_allo for my latest posts.